14.6.09

Ah, Showbiz...

I Constantly Wondered How It Feels Like To Be a Celebrity.

You know, the fans, the paparazzi and all that jazz?
My cousins always dreamed to be one of them. They would constantly play dress up and copy A.S.A.P and S.O.P pretending they were Sarah Geronimo, Bea Alonzo and the like. My aunts and uncles are likewise very supportive of their little dreams. Everyone wants to be famous. Mostly for the money, some for the fame, a few for the fact that they just want to be heard. I remembered the time when a lot of people auditioned for Pinoy Big Brother. They were so many, they had to close the whole street to accommodate them all. Even I was lured into joining this media-frenzied ''reality show''. Yep, I joined in the fun (not to mention skipping class that day; my mom sent a letter to my adviser saying I was sick the day before. I hope she won't see this!).
To make the long story short, I didn't make it. But the experience was worth it. Besides, they were looking for people with, um, ''character''. You know, the ''matarays'' and the ''contrabidas'' and the ''drama queens'' and the list goes on and on...

Aside from that experience, I've already had several ''tastes'' of showbiz:

>I once joined an amateur singing contest in our nearby barangay. Don't laugh; I actually won 3rd place.

>When I was in grade 6, my aunt got hold of passes to see Wowowee. Of course, we got to be there too. Everyone I met was singing ''Boom Tarat Tarat'' the following day.

>I joined Hannah Montana You Can Be A Popstar Contest. Yep, I have the blonde wig! Lucky I won 1st Runner Up. (Just ask my buddy Nur-Miko; she was there! Talk about supportiveness!)

Probably someday my cousins will be famous. Hopefully, I will. Till then, there's blogging... :P

''1994-I'm still young''

No comments:

Post a Comment